President Shavkat Mirziyoyev received the Prime Minister of Tajikistan
On March 10, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev, during his state visit to the Republic of Tajikistan, received the Prime Minister of Tajikistan Kohir Rasulzoda, at the residence allocated for him.
It was noted that during the negotiations, held on March 9 at the highest level, the sides determined the priority areas for the development of bilateral cooperation. The signed documents on further strengthening interaction in the sphere of trade, economy, investment, finance, transport and transit, agriculture, water and energy, taxes, customs, tourism, education and science, healthcare, culture, security, as well as interregional cooperation were highly assessed.
In particular, implementation of plans on bringing the volume of trade to $1 billion imposes great responsibility on the government of the two countries. At the meeting, issues of implementation of these agreements, expansion of the scope and diversification of the structure of mutual trade, creation of favorable business conditions were discussed.
Shavkat Mirziyoyev emphasized readiness of Uzbekistan to develop trade and economic cooperation and create all necessary conditions for this.
Kohir Rasulzoda noted that as a co-chairman of the Intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Tajikistan, he will pay special attention to the development of mutually beneficial joint projects, preparation of proposals on seizing available opportunities.
Issues of expanding cooperation between the regions and leading enterprises of the two countries, increasing transit cargo transportation and others were also considered.
The importance of adopting a “roadmap” on implementation of agreements reached at the highest level was noted.
- Leguminous plants grown in Uzbekistan are being exported to the markets of the Benelux countries
- Uzbekistan has achieved observer status at the International olive growers council
- Saudi Arabia is preparing to open in part the Umrah visit
- “Buxorcha” song and dance ensemble was recognized at the “World Folk Vision 2020” international festival
- Fruit and vegetable products of Uzbekistan are occupying the UAE market
- Attitudes on the increasing construction of the “China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan” railway was discussed