President of Uzbekistan orders to award Rio medalists
President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov signed an order “On awarding medal winners of the 31st Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
Uzbek leader approved the sizes of remunerations for the medal winners of the Rio Games.
According to the order, gold medalists of Olympic Ruslan Nurudinov (weightlifting), Hasanboy Dusmatov, Shakhobidin Zoirov and Fazliddin Gaibnazarov (boxing) will receive lump sum remuneration in the amount of US$200,000 each.
Silver medalists will receive remuneration in the amount of US$100,000 each. Boxers Shakhram Giyasov and Bektemr Melikuziev won silver medals at Rio Games.
The order said that the bronze medalists will receive US$75,000 each as remuneration. Murodjon Ahmadaliev, Rustam Tulyaganov (boxing), Rishod Sobirov, Diyorbek Urozboev (judo), Elmurat Tasmuradov (Greco-Roman wrestling), Ikhtiyor Navruzov and Magomed Ibragimov (wrestling) won bronze medals of the Olympic Games.
The document said that remunerations will be transferred in US dollars to personal deposit accounts, to be opened at the National Bank of Uzbekistan for Foreign Economic Activity. No taxes will be levied from remunerations.
- Gold–currency reserves of Uzbekistan increased from 32 billion dollars
- 19 tons of pumpkins were exported to Russia from Kashkadarya
- Since the beginning of the year cost of lemon has increased by nearly 152% in Uzbekistan
- Some airports in Uzbekistan can be transferred to the partnership as a basis of “package principle”
- Uzbekistan will host to the Asian Youth Games in 2025
- Uzbek scientist woman was awarded with Kirgiz medal “Turan Birimdigi”