Monument to two great poets
A monument to two outstanding representatives of Uzbek and Tajik literature – Alisher Navoi and Abdurakhman Jami is erected in Samarkand central park named after Alisher Navoi.
The sculptural composition of red granite, made in the sixties of the last century by famous sculptors H.Khusniddinkhujayev and V.Lunev, was previously located next to the former hotel “Afrosiyob”, from where it was later moved to another place.
At the suggestion of the intelligentsia, artists and the public of Samarkand, a place was chosen for the monument in the central park named after Alisher Navoi.
At the opening ceremony of the monument, the khokim of Samarkand region T.Djurayev noted that Uzbekistan and Tajikistan have long been linked by close ties of friendship and brotherhood, which will be further strengthened by the forthcoming state visit of the President of Uzbekistan to Tajikistan.
Representatives of the regional khokimiyat, state and public organizations laid flowers to the monument. Students read excerpts from the works of the two great poets.
Golib Khasanov, photos by Alisher Isroilov, UzA
- 258 citizens were amnestied according to the Presidential decree
- The only enterprise that produces paper from stone in the Commonwealth of Independent States will be established in Fergana
- The President: Relieving of quarantine measures is realized wrong as “the disease is over”
- More than thousand accommodations burned in Delhi
- Welcome to Khiva
- The French football player sold his gold medal which he has won at the World Cup