Gold–currency reserves of Uzbekistan increased from 32 billion dollars
The Central Bank of Uzbekistan informed that the volume of official reserve assets of Uzbekistan amounts 32.3 billion US dollars. Gold and foreign currency reserves have grown by nearly 11% since the beginning of 2020 and will last financing the import for about 20 months.
Official reserve assets of Uzbekistan amounted to 32.331 billion US dollars, according to the Central Bank's statistics on international reserves.
As the accounts, from the total reserves of $ 32.331 billion, it consists of $ 19.482 billion is gold. At the same time, foreign currency reserves amounted to $ 12.484 billion. The remaining $ 364.9 million is the SDR (special borrowing rights – international reserve and payment means of the International Monetary Fund).
From the beginning of 2020, the volume of official reserve assets of Uzbekistan increased by nearly 11 percent (January 1 – $ 29.172 billion and July 1 –$ 32.331 billion).
Gold and foreign currency reserves of Uzbekistan, which are considered as a “Airbag”, are enough to financing imports for about 20 months, more than recommended by the IMF and other international organizations.
For information, the Central Bank directs the methodology for calculating international reserves on the basis of the International Monetary Fund standards. The composition of international reserves consists of foreign currency assets and monetary gold.
- Uzbekistan exported more than 79.3 thousand tons of melons
- Nike and Adidas sneakers will be produced in Uzbekistan
- Have you ever heard about Uzbek wrestler who was applauded by Schwarzenegger and George Bush?
- Oxygen concentrators are produced in Fergana
- Film about Pahlavon Makhmud will be shot in Khorezm
- Uzbekistan may export hot peppers to five more countries. Their number will increase again